modifications with sorting function

If you think you have found an error, please report it here
RVk

modifications with sorting function

Post by RVk »

Hello to the NB community,

When I use some functions like the "sort alphabetical" one, I loose the "font" characteristics (color, italic and bold) of my selection. Could it be possible to resolve this small bug ?

Thanks

Robert.
Dirk Schwenke
NB-Team

Post by Dirk Schwenke »

Hi Robert,
this bug is on our to-do list. The problem is, that for sorting we use a plain text conversion and then sort the list. This is because we had a bug with sorting formatted text which is related to the text field we use (It's a RichEdit). Some formattings were at the wrong places, so we had only the possibility to remove the formattings before sorting. The sorting works fine, but you have to be aware that it sets back all format to the Default.

We are sorry for the inconvenience, but the problem is not so easy to solve and we will try to remove the bug with the next release, but not in 1.7.

Bye, Dirk
pplatini

Re: modifications with sorting function

Post by pplatini »

Hello!,
I am testing the trial version and I think I will buy Notebrowser. But I encountered the font colour problem with sorting function.
I like very much colours, they are a very simple way to recognize at a glance something highlighted (a marker pen effect).
When do you think the problem will be solved?
Thank you very much
Pietro
Dirk Schwenke
NB-Team

Post by Dirk Schwenke »

Hi Pietro,
yes the bug is annoying, and it is on our ToDo list. But I cannot honestly say when we will remove this bug, I am sorry.

But I have raised the priority of this bug!

Dirk
pplatini

Post by pplatini »

Hi Dirk,
Thank for your answer about sorting / colour bug, I hope you will solve it soon.
I like Notebrowser and I definitely buy it.
Pietro
kaiyara

Re: (Workaround) Hyperlink doesn't work correctly

Post by kaiyara »

Hello!,
I am testing the trial version and I think I will buy Notebrowser. But I encountered the font colour problem with sorting function.
I like very much colours, they are a very simple way to recognize at a glance something highlighted (a marker pen effect).
When do you think the problem will be solved?
Thank you very much
KAIYARA
Dirk Schwenke
NB-Team

Re: (Workaround) Hyperlink doesn't work correctly

Post by Dirk Schwenke »

Hi Kaiyara,
welcome to our forum!

We had this bug on our list for a long time, but it finally never was fixed because it is a bit more complicated to fix and other bugs were more important to fix first.

I cannot tell at which time it will be fixed, but it is on our list.

However, if you buy Notesbrowser, drop me a line by email and I will try to provide you with a patch (I cannot promise this, but I will try to do it).
Dirk Schwenke,
Notesbrowser Team

Image Notesbrowser on Facebook
Image Notesbrowser.com