Horizontal Line Feature in Editor On The Tool Bar

For suggestions what you miss in Notesbrowser
DeadIntoIt

Horizontal Line Feature in Editor On The Tool Bar

Post by DeadIntoIt »

I know this one may seem a bit picky but a button that would produce a Horizontal Line in a field so sub-topics in a field can be seperated visually.

It would be much quicker than Shift + the Hyphen Key to get a horizontal line like this:

Like in Word (I think it's actually called a border line), when you hold down the hyphen key it starts to make a dashed line like this ---------
^^ This only works with "Auto Formatting" turned on in WORD ^^

But if you hold the key down for the distance of 5 or 6 hyphens in a row, let go of the key, then press the enter key, the hyphens are automatically turned into a full page width solid horizontal line. These lines make it easier visually to seperate out information when scanning a page - or in the case of NotesBrowser a field.

Versus the WORD method, it would be so much more convenient in NotesBrowser to have a button on the editor tool bar that with a click would place a horizontal line at what ever point the cursor was blinking and make it 100% of the field width.

Thanks for all your hard work and taking the time to read my suggestion.

Just my 2¢ worth
Mike C.
Dirk Schwenke
NB-Team

Re: Horizontal Line Feature in Editor On The Tool Bar

Post by Dirk Schwenke »

Hi Mike,
thank you for your feature idea!
It is a good idea and I did some research on how this could be done. Unfortunately, this feature is not supported by the text fields we use. We use some JediVCL RichEdit fields that basically have the same functionality like WordPad. The border line feature works in Outlook and Word, but it does not work in WordPad, so it also does not work in Notesbrowser.

I can add this feature by myself, but it is not easy to do so in a fully professional way - considering that text fields can be resized and the lines should shrink or grow with it.

I will put this feature on our list, but as always I can not say if and when we can add it to Notesbrowser.

For now, the only option is to make the dashed lines by yourself, sorry
Dirk Schwenke,
Notesbrowser Team

Image Notesbrowser on Facebook
Image Notesbrowser.com