Login Issue

If you think you have found an error, please report it here
LadyRynn

Login Issue

Post by LadyRynn » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:42 pm

Hi Dirk

I have just tried to login to the forum and was sent a page that informed me that I had attempted too many logins and had to complete one of those scrambled Alpha/Numerical things. This is odd as I've not logged in to the forum for ages. Maybe theres some sort of problem with the HTML or similar.

Barbara

Dirk Schwenke
NB-Team

Re: Login Issue

Post by Dirk Schwenke » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:16 pm

Hi Barbara,
thank you for reporting this. I have looked for information about this multiple login attempts problem and found out it most likely will be a Spam Bot (a robot script trying to find forums in the Internet, register then and write spam posts) that is trying to guess your password. It stops after some attempt because it cannot guess your password and after some failed attempts cannot solve the confirmation code (this Alpha/numerical thing, it's called Captcha) and moves on to the next forum.

We are using the very popular forum software phpbb which is often attacked by spam bots. Even though it is always updated to the latest version and has the Captchas active, I had to delete 2 of the spam bots that could registered - one today and one yesterday and one of them even posted spam to the forum. Very annoying. But it fits, maybe one of the bots was causing the trouble with the multiple attempts to login to your account. It did not succeed, luckly.

Has someone else got the same error message?
Dirk Schwenke,
Notesbrowser Team

Image Notesbrowser on Facebook
Image Notesbrowser.com

walter

Post by walter » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:48 am

Hello, I have never used this. when I tried anything I couldn't figure out how to use f1....f3 etc.

this notesbrowser is an uncrontrollable program for me.

I spent hours trying to get out of it when it insisted there was some kind of issue.

besides I never paid for this, never registered untill now, in order to get a letter sent, after finally figuring out how to get to this page. I'm still a newbie.

All I want is to get rid of this. I signed up with it thinking I could use it but it is just too much for me.

PLEASE GET THIS OUT OF MY SYSTEM.

Or if need be, please tell me how to delete this. I have tried and it is acting just like spyware or something nasty.'

I made a dumb mistake downloading this and want you to get it our of my system!!!

I have a program that my child could use........far better .....far easier for an old G G GRAMMa.

please help me to get my computor back where I am in controll, not you.

Beatrice Oswell
beatriceoswell@live.ca

Dirk Schwenke
NB-Team

Post by Dirk Schwenke » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:13 pm

Hello Beatrice,
I am trying to help you. But to help you, to understand the issues you have, please write precisely what the issues are.
And please no general ranting about things that are not clearly expressed, we cannot do anything with "there was some kind of issue". This is not helpful.
If there is an error message, please write clearly what it is (literally).

First, have you read the manual? There is a nice manual here:
http://www.notesbrowser.com/manual/manual.html

Usually, to read the manual is not necessary to understand Notesbrowser, but from your post it seams to me you have not much experience with computers, and you yourself state you are a newbie.

Maybe I recommend getting someone help you figure things out on the PC, at least in the beginning phase if you use a new program, maybe a relative of you.

Notesbrowser is very simple. But we are always open to new ideas, and if you have problems with any task that for you is not simple, please write what it is and we may be able to understand it and try to make it more easy for beginners to use.

If you give up and simply want to uninstall Notesbrowser, you can easily do it with the setup:
1. Click on the Start Button (thats the button in the lower left corner of your Windows)
2. Open the Control Panel
3. Select "Software"
4. Look for the entry "Notesbrowser" in the list, click on it and select "Uninstall"

Alternatively you can do this:
1. Click on the Start Button
2. Go to the entry Notesbrowser and open it
3. Select "Uninstall Notesbrowser"

If you are able to, please answer to this thread. Or you can answer us by email.
Dirk Schwenke,
Notesbrowser Team

Image Notesbrowser on Facebook
Image Notesbrowser.com