Cannot rename tabs

If you think you have found an error, please report it here
stiltsmcg

Cannot rename tabs

Post by stiltsmcg » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:31 am

In trying to rename a Tab, and at other times as well (though less predictably) I get the following error message:

Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse 00747DF8 in Modul 'nb.dll'. Lesen von Adresse 00000004.

Whether I press either the "OK" button or the upper right hand corner of the error message box, the box goes away, but I can't rename the tab. I'm looking forward to really using this application, but not being able to rename the tabs will make organizing and finding the memos a pain.

This is actually a new problem: within the first week of using the program (the freeware version which I recently downloaded) I was indeed able to rename tabs, but then suddenly the error message started appearing.

Any suggestions?

Dirk Schwenke
NB-Team

Re: Cannot rename tabs

Post by Dirk Schwenke » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:14 pm

Hi,
this is the first time this bug was reported.

Which OS are you using? Is the bug also happening if you press key F10 for opening the configurations?

This looks like there is a problem with the file nb.dll. I recommend to re-install Notesbrowser in the same folder as before, don't uninstall it. You could also download the Zip file from our download page and just replace the nb.dll, it is in the Notesbrowser\System folder (usually C:\Program Files\Notesbrowser\System).

If it's not working, I can give you access to our latest version which is yet not released but has an new rename system which will work better.

BTW: "Zugriffsverletzung" is the same as "Access Error". It is German, I wonder why. Are you using a German Operating System?

Thanks for reporting

stiltsmcg

Re: Cannot rename tabs

Post by stiltsmcg » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:16 pm

Hi Dirk
I'm using an HP Pavillion laptop with XP Home Edition service pack 3, and it's all English. Yeah, the German surprised me too. I'll try your suggestions later today and report back. As it happens, having restarted my computer from off today, everything seems to be working fine now. I can rename tabs and categories (which also gave me the german alert when I tried to rename them as well). I happen to be grappeling with a whole other problem too-- my CA Virus Scan will turn itself off unexpectadly. Their support site says it is related to the fact that the application wants to monitor my floppy disk drive, which I don't have. The thing is, I've had CA for years and its been fine-- its a whole new recent problem seemingly out of nowhere. So... I haven't dismissed the idea that there is some virus or malware or software conflict at the root of this (tho virus scans turn up nothing and CA is not treating it as a virus allert). I'll report back as I dig deeper.
Michael