Notesbrowser can be downloaded here for free*:
If the download link above is not working, please click here:
Download from mp3timer.com
* Freeware or Shareware Version
There is one setup for the Freeware and the Professional (Shareware) Version. On the first start of Notesbrowser you are asked if you want to use the Freeware version or the Professional version (Shareware). The Professional Edition can be activated anytime with a registration number.
However, if you choose the Shareware version, you can test all features of Notesbrowser free for 60 days, which is a lot of time. You can always switch between the versions.
The CD Version and Notesbrowser Lite have their own setup.
Differences of the Versions
Here are the differences between the Freeware, Lite, Pro and CD version:
Standard Installation (with setup)
- Click with the right mouse button on a download image
- Choose “Save target as...” and download the file
- Localize the file on your hard disk and launch it
- Accept all possible warnings from Windows. Do NOT run the setup in a sandbox or similar or your notes will not be saved!
- Follow the on-screen setup instructions
For beginners: Here is a step-by-step manual with pictures how to download and install Notesbrowser.
Update from older version
- Do not uninstall the previous version
- Exit Notesbrowser if it is running
- Do the steps from installation - install the new version in the same installation path
Download Notesbrowser without Setup
Notesbrowser does not need a setup to be installed. If you are an experienced users, you can simply download Notesbrowser in an Zip archive, unzip this anywhere you want and it will work - even on an USB stick. You may want to make shortcuts.
Download Notesbrowser without Setup:
1.) Unzip the archive in a folder where you want Notesbrowser to run
2.) Make your own shortcuts to the file "nb.exe" for example on the desktop and in the start menu
3.) We recommend to make a shortcut in your Autostart folder with the additional parameter -m to run Notesbrowser as an icon on every computer start. For example: C:\Program Files\Notesbrowser\nb.exe -m
This starts Notesbrowser minimized on system start and you will be reminded to all your dates.
Updaters from older versions
- Just exit the old Notesbrowser
- Replace all files in the Notesbrowser folder with that from the Zip file
- Start Notesbrowser. Done.
Windows®(32bit & 64bit): Win8/Win7/Vista/XP/Win2003/Win2008
(Win2000 and WinME are not officially supported, but will work)
If you have decided to use the Freeware version, we grant you:
- The free version of Notesbrowser is a full version. It's not a demo.
- The Freeware version will not expire and will not display nag-screens.
- There are no 'half working' or disabled features
- All features are fully functional, just as described
- There is no advertising in Notesbrowser (there are descriptions of the professional version, but only in the tutorial, which can be deleted)
Generally we grant you:
- Notesbrowser does not incorporate any Spyware
- It will not send any files anywhere or make 'silent' connections to the Internet
- No files will be copied to any folders except to the install folder itself
- Your computer will not be trashed
- No DLL's and other files will be copied to the Windows or System folder
- Notesbrowser is subjected to tests of major anti virus programs before its release